Full Stack Developer (Java, Spring, Angular)
PopUp Play is an award-winning technology startup based in Austin, Texas. We empower kids to create their own toys. Using our fun, touch-based app kids and families create custom playhouse designs that we deliver on-demand to their doorstep in days. You may recognize us from our appearance on Shark Tank, we also won the 2016 SXSW Accelerator Pitch Competition and were named one of the best new app for kids by Apple in 2015.
We are hiring a full-time passionate and professional full-stack developer that will help take the PopUp Play platform to new levels. We are looking for a candidate that can handle fast-moving, high-pressured situations and stay calm and collected. At our startup, you will have the opportunity to work and learn many different aspects of our growing company.
Responsibilities (AKA this is what you get to do):
- Help pioneer new ideas in the realms of 3D printing, manufacturing and entertainment.
- Develop new and exciting software frameworks.
- Work closely with server engineering and codebase to add and support online-connected features.
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years experience using the Java programming language.
- 3+ years experience using Spring, JPA, and Hibernate.
- 3+ years of Angular 1 experience with knowledge of Angular 2+.
- Strong linux administration and scripting skills.
- Expertise in REST development using json and web-based endpoints.
- You are a relentless and versatile learner; open to change. You enjoy the challenge of new tasks and solving the unknown.
- You approach everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish.
- You can be counted on to meet and exceed goals. You push yourself and others to perform at the highest level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
It would be awesome if you have:
- Experience in a startup environment.
- Groovy development experience.
- Distributed systems programming experience.
- Production experience using PDFbox and iText.
- Knowledge of AWS, specifically EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Continuous development experience using Jenkins.
- Experience using Camunda BPM.
- Ionic/Cordova development experience.
- Knowledge of machine shops, 3D printing and/or CNC mills.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Unlimited vacation
- Austin Eastside location
- Company equity
- Ice Cream and Pizza Parties!